Sunday, January 22, 2012

Falling off the Horse and Getting Back On

First, a quote: "When you wake up in the morning, remember that you are younger today than you will ever be and let that make you happy."
I went to my great aunt's birthday party yesterday and heard this from my great uncle, who is by far the wisest man I know. He has a motivational quote and saying for every situation. And they are all equally meaningful. I think this quote is something we should all live by and I plan on putting it up on the wall in my apartment when I get back.
I fell off the horse this weekend a lot. Friday was fine. Yesterday, however, was bad. I had cereal in the morning, then 2 sushi rolls and then I went to my great aunt's birthday which had a lot of delicious food. And then my best friend slept over and I sort of made a plan for my semester, which was great but was done over much snacking on Pop Chips and Cheez-Its, along with a REALLY cheesy Mac and Cheese. I mean, it's not the worst thing that's ever happened. It's really just one bad day. This morning, I had a bit of leftover pasta and a banana and I will probably have a salad for dinner.
And my parents are coming home tonight, which means that my life goes back to normal!! Tomorrow, I'm going to dance classes galore!
11:00 am-12:30pm Jazz
1:45pm-2:45pm Yoga
3:00pm-4:30pm Basic Ballet
4:30pm-6:00pm Beginner Ballet
I can't wait. It's going to be great. Exhausting but great. I am going to need some serious snacks. I'll probably bring walnuts, dried apricots and a granola bar.

After that, I'm going to come home and cook some delicious pumpkin tortellini along with a salad and probably watch some TV since I'm going to be so tired.

This may sound depressing, but for some reason, I feel like I have a real reason to get up in the morning. For the first time in not a very long time, but long enough. This last semester was a bit of a stall for me. But I'm back on it and better than ever. I won't go into details about this plan I have since it isn't quite weight-loss related...But let's just say, this semester is going to be a good time.

1 comment: