Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jazz Dance, Dinner and Exciting Weekend Plans!

My parents are on a cruise and I've been left alone with my house and my dog, who is sick and needs medication every day. The whole thing makes me nervous because I don't like being alone so the first few days were very stay in bed, watch tv, don't leave the house. Yesterday, I had to leave for jury duty and I was not happy about it but I'm getting used to it now, which is good, because I'm about halfway through.

This morning, I went to a jazz class. Great workout and a lot of fun. I left about a half hour early because I loved the warm-up but the choreography required a lot of really fast jazz technique that I know nothing about. I am not a jazz dancer. I'm not even sure I'm a ballroom dancer, but I'm good at pretending with that. So I did the warm-up, learned a bit of choreography and left.

Now I'm back home and doing a bit of work while waiting for my friend to come so we can go to dinner. Unfortunate side effect of my parents not being home: I don't have a car so I can't go grocery shopping. Therefore, I have nothing and have been eating out every day. It's really unfortunate, but one of my closest friends from school (let's call him D) is coming to visit me and stay with me Friday night and Saturday night. Yay, no being alone after tomorrow night! He is also going to take me to the supermarket to get some groceries on Friday. Better late than never, right?

Tonight, I'm going to dinner with a friend and then writing a paper for my winter class. Tomorrow, I'm going to work and then I have a ballroom dance lesson with my favorite teacher and my wonderful partner, who also happens to be one of the best guys I know (let's call him G).

Friday, D and I are driving out to visit G and have dinner with his family. Saturday, I have work (I'm hosting a birthday party at the community center I work at) and then we'll figure out plans from there.

Food Today
1 wake-up wrap (150 cals.)
1 coffee with skim milk and sugar (120 cals.) -- next time I get Splenda -__-
1 6-inch subway wheat sandwich w/ tuna, lettuce, tomato, pickles, olives and a little bit of mayo (470 cals.)
1 small broccoli and cheese soup (200 cals.)
1/2 a bag of sunflower seeds (80 cals.)
Strawberry pastry (120 cals.)
Later: Probably some vegetables and rice from the place we are going to get dinner. I assume it'll be around 300 cals since there is no meat or dairy and no sauce.
Total: 1,440 cals.


As I figure, I should be eating this much to lose about a pound and a half per week.
Weight this morning: 171 lbs.
BMR: 1619.75
Assuming I am "lightly active" (I believe I'm more but let's estimate): BMR * 1.375 = 2227.16 (That's how much I would need to eat to maintain)
-750 (1.5 lbs) = 1,477 cals

So I'm pretty much on track today, although since I'm not an expert calorie counter, I'd like to stay under 1400, if at all possible. Alright, back to studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment